This recipe was a sort of miracle food for me when I started low-carb eating. It is a perfect way to satisfy the cravings for an actual danish, without derailing your weight loss efforts.
I had originally posted this recipe on another blog of mine, but decided to take a much nicer photo and move it to this site. Anyway... enjoy!
What you need:
2 ounces of full-fat cream cheese
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 to 1 teaspoon of any granulated sugar substitute (I used granulated Stevia)
sugar-free jam (optional. check the carb content)
a teaspoon of real butter
How to make it:
1. Soften the cream cheese in a small bowl in the microwave (about 30 seconds).
2. Whisk in the egg, making sure to get the mixture as smooth as possible.
3. Add in the sweetener and vanilla, and whisk again.
4. Spray a small bowl or ramekin with cooking spray, and pour in the mixture.
5. Microwave until the mixture is no longer wet in the center (about 45 seconds).
6. Transfer the danish to a plate, and top with the butter or jam.
This Southern Girl Can is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.