This Southern Girl Can is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
This casserole takes several steps to complete, but the end result is something you'll make over and over again. Tender potatoes mixed with crispy bacon and juicy chicken makes this casserole so addicting, you just can't stop at one serving.
What you need:
2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized chunks
8 medium potatoes, cut into bite-sized chunks (you can leave the peel on or peel them)
⅓ cup olive oil
1½ teaspoons salt
1 tablespoon fresh ground pepper
1 tablespoon paprika
2 tablespoons garlic powder
6 tablespoons hot sauce
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup cooked and crumbled bacon
1 cup sliced green onions
Blue cheese or ranch dressing
How to make it:
1. Preheat the oven to 500 degrees. Yes. 500.
2. In a large bowl, combine the olive oil, hot sauce, salt, pepper, garlic powder and paprika. Stir well.
3. Add the potatoes, and stir so all of the potatoes are coated.
4. Scoop out the potatoes (and save any remaining coating) and put them in a greased 9x13 baking dish.
5. Add the chicken to the remaining coating, and stir. Let the chicken sit to marinate.
6. Roast the potatoes for 20 minutes, stirring halfway. Keep an eye on them. You want them to be crispy on the outside, but done in the middle.
7. Remove the potatoes, and reduce the oven temperature to 400 degrees.
8. Place the raw chicken on top of the potatoes, and return the dish to the oven.
9. Cook for 20 minutes, until the chicken is done.
10. While this is cooking, combine all of the ingredients for the topping in a bowl.
11. After the 20 minutes is up, top the casserole with the topping, and return to the oven until the cheese is melted.
12. Serve with a drizzle of hot sauce or blue cheese/ranch dressing.