One toy that is sure to capture the attention and imagination of kids aged 4 years and above, is the FurReal Friends Torch, My Blazin Dragon, featuring Torch the fire breathing baby dragon. Torch is full of fun and surprises. He responds to touch with over 50 sounds, lights and movements combinations. Kids can quench his thirst with water, feed him and watch him roast his favorite dish with fire like fumes.
This kid dragon pet/toy has a mouth that illuminates and lights-up when he breathes and growls. Torch is cute with his big adorable eyes and soft plush fabrics. Kids will love to cuddle him when he is not spurting fire. Measuring 8 x 14 x 14.8 inches and weighing 4.3 pounds, Torch is just the right size for cuddling.
Features of the FurReal Friends Torch, My Blazin Dragon
Torch, My Blazin Dragon is a step into the next generation of robotic toys utilizing technology that responds to touch with a range of sounds, movements and lights. This toy has over 50 different sounds and movements that create a sense of personality and interaction. The wide range of audio responses and motion responses are enough to keep kids engrossed.
Sensors around Torch’s nose make it possible for him to respond to different touch sequences and even know when he is picked up for a cuddle. The red LED light in his mouth and cold mist he breathes from his mouth creates the illusion of him breathing fire.
The cold mist comes from water you pour into the top of Torch’s head with a water filler. The flame like colored mist changes the color of the plastic marshmallow food Torch feeds on and makes it appear roasted.
Here is a detailed list of all the features in this toy dragon:
• The toy responds to touch and has more than 50 sound and motion effects
• Fill his tank with water, and Torch will breathe flame colored mist
• Touch the Dragon’s nose or chest to activate sensors for audio responses, sounds bobbing side-to-side head movements, and lights
• Use the stick provided to feed Torch his favorite plastic marshmallows food and watch the flame colored mist turn it to toast
• The dragon runs on 4 size C batteries
Is the FurReal Friends Torch, My Blazin Dragon Worth Buying?
The manufacturer employs technology that makes the toy dragon appear almost real. The toy has audio responses and motions that will keep you and your kids entertained. Overall, it offers good value for the price if you are looking for a toy that will captivate kids and pique their curiosity.
• The toy makes cute little sounds like sneezes, gurgling, meows, purring, cooing, chortling and snoring plus a combinations of movements and is fun to play with
• Torch the dragon provides spectacular fire and vapor breathing illusions
• The toy appeals to a wide age group from kids as young as 4 years old to adults
• The toy is made of quality plastic material with plush fabric covering, so it is comfortable to hold and play with
• The toy should be kept away from children under 3 years of age as it contains small parts that the kids could swallow and cause them to choke.
The main draw for the FurReal Friends Torch, My Blazing Dragon is the stories and folklores about magical fire breathing dragons. This toy does not disappoint and the technology used in the fire-breathing feature as well as multiple sounds and lights effects is so real and creative that children as well as adults are captivates by it.
Where to Buy: Fur Real Friends on Amazon
If you are a mother searching for a fun toy that can help your crawling baby learn and develop, look no further than the Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Crawl-Around Learning Center. Toddlers will have a blast playing with this toy, which gives them plenty of hands on play activities that incorporate the use of sounds, songs, tunes and phrases. If this item sounds like a good toy for your little one, learn more about it by reading this Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Crawl-Around Learning Center review.
Features of the Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Crawl-Around Learning Center
The Fisher-Price crawl around learning center consists of two double-sided square panels that stand vertically. Each surface is similar to a playing board where kids can engage in different activities. Electronic boards embedded inside the panels can playback over 200 sounds, phrases, songs, and tunes when baby initiates certain actions. An arch connects the two panels and when little ones crawl under it, they are treated with fun songs, music and other learning content.
Fisher Price incorporated what they call Smart Stages Technology in this learning center. This function lets parents choose a level with play activities that are ideal for their child. Level 1, ”Explore” encourages exploration. This stage customizes the play activities so that kids ages 6 months and up can learn their first words and hear sounds that spark their curiosity. The second level, “Encourage”, is perfect for kids aged 1 and above. This stage prompts learning through simple directions and questions. When kids reach about 18-months old, parents can switch to the last level, “Pretend”, which is programmed to offer role-play games that promote imaginative fun.
As far as play activities are concerned, here is a rundown of what the double-sided panels have in store for your young one.
• Panel 1: Your toddler can learn shapes on this panel. He/she will have lots of fun removing the shaped pieces and sending them down the chute. This surface also lets your baby learn the alphabet, play with 4-illuminated light up piano keys or learn colors and body parts from the textured puppy drawing.
• Panel 2: The second panel has a dial pad that lets kids pretend to be making a phone call. Mom or dad can also record a personalized voice message for the baby. This panel features a light switch and drawings that introduce kids to the concept of opposites.
• Panel 3: On the third panel, there are lots of sensory play items. For example, your baby can look through a mirror to discover him/herself or play with the jumbo rattle roller, textured turtle and a fishbowl clicker.
• Panel 4: The last activity panel does not require batteries for kids to engage in play. It features a sliding window for playing peek-a-boo and customizable picture frames.
Is the Fisher Price Laugh & Learn Crawl-Around Learning Center Worth Buying?
This Fisher Price learning center would make a great choice for parents interested in buying a toy that will grow with their toddler. From sitting, to crawling, to standing to cruising, this learning center will take your baby through important milestones during early development.
• Great learning toy that improves fine motor skills in kids
• Play activities also help children associate sounds with actions as well as learn colors and speech
• Customizable play activities allow the learning center to grow with your baby
• The panels are designed with great attention to detail to stimulate the senses and imagination of children
• Study toy design can hold up to pulling from babies
• The learning center does not fold up for storage
• Some of the play panels require three AA batteries to operate. When the batteries are low, the volume or sound playback also becomes feeble.
It is clear to see that the benefits of Fisher Price’s Laugh & Learn craw-around learning center outweigh its drawbacks. This toy provides standing, crawling and talking practice for your little one. Overall, it is a fantastic “grow-with-me” toy and many parents say that their kids love the fun activities provided on the 4 play panels.
Where to Buy: Fisher-Price on Amazon
If you prefer to buy toys that encourage your kids to learn, then the BOSEbuild speaker cube might be a good choice for them. The Bose Corporation launched this educational toy during the fourth Science and Engineering Festival in Washington D.C. This build-it-yourself kit lets young minds explore the science behind sound, music and speakers. The entire building experience is educational and fun at the same time. Find out what is in store for your kids by reading this BOSEbuild speaker cube review.
Features of the BOSEbuild Speaker Cube
BOSEbuild is a Bluetooth speaker, which comes with various components that kids have to put together in order to make it work. There are no tools required to build the speaker. Components that builders will have to assemble include a magnet, wire coil, power supply, speaker panel, 40 clips, as well as housing covers with papercraft templates for customization. Features of this DIY speaker set include:
• Building app with simple instructions and insightful facts: Bose Corporation built an app that takes kids through the process of building their own Bluetooth speaker. After downloading the companion app, the next step that follows is to touch your device with the BOSEbuild speaker control panel. This action pairs the two Bluetooth devices together and prompts the user to name their speaker. Instructions in the companion app are easy to follow. Best of all, they include clear visuals, animations and videos that guide kids through the engaging hands-on activities. Along the way, kids get to learn fun facts that encourage exploration. The app provides content that delves deeper into each step by explaining how and why various components work.
Building the BOSEbuild Bluetooth speaker is a process that can be completed in less than an hour. For curious minds; however, it will take much longer because the app teaches many science concepts. Some of the things kids will learn include magnetism and types of metals, how copper coils work with magnets, using a magnet to launch a copper coil into the air, how vibrations create sound waves, isolating sounds via a slider tool, how to make LED lights dance to the sound of music in various colors, testing the sound of different pitch frequencies, and so much more.
• Lighting effects and personalized side covers to customize the BOSEbuild Bluetooth speaker: Once all components have been put together, kids get to customize their own BOSEbuild cube speaker with colored lights and custom covers that create special shadow effects.
Is the BOSEbuild Speaker Cube Worth Buying?
The BOSEbuild speaker is a fantastic education toy that appeals to children and adults alike. Although recommended for kids as young as 8 years, this DIY kit can be even more beneficial for teenagers taking Physics in high school. The building app teaches kids in a practical yet engaging way. What’s more, the kit builds a high quality and durable Bluetooth speaker that actually works. For these reasons, it is worth every penny, and especially for parents who have a young scientist in the house that is interested in electronics.
• No tools required to build the DIY Bluetooth speaker cube
• Building app makes the learning process fun and engaging through the use of visual aids and videos
• Kids get to learn many science concepts and the workings behind speakers
• Instructions are easy to follow
• Kids can customize the Bluetooth speaker with special lighting effects and custom covers
• The BOSEbuild speaker sounds amazing after being assembled
• The building app is only available for iOS/apple devices
• Connecting a new device resets activities to the beginning
The idea of assembling a Bluetooth speaker may sound intimidating at first, but BOSEbuild makes this an insightful journey that is fun and filled with discoveries. Kids get to learn about the basic components of a speaker and experiment with frequencies to understand the impact that has on sound and music. They ultimately build a working, durable and completely personalized Bluetooth speaker that they can be proud of. The entire process is not only educational but it also gives kids a sense of accomplishment.
Where to Buy: BOSEbuild on Amazon
This Southern Girl Can is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.