I love cinnamon rolls. I also love pancakes. What could be better than combining the two into these absolutely wonderful cinnamon roll pancakes? Top a stack of these off with a cream cheese glaze, and you'll hardly want a plain pancake ever again.
What you need:
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
4 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 ounces cream cheese
1 1/4 cups powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
How to make it:
1. The cinnamon swirl filling takes a few minutes to firm up, so we need to make it first. In a medium-sized bowl, combine all of the filling ingredients and stir well. Pour this into a plastic sandwich baggie and set it to the side for roughly 20 minutes. It won't work if it is in a liquid state, and needs to firm up just a little.
2. Now we'll make the pancakes. In a medium-sized bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients.
3. In a small bowl, combine all of the liquid ingredients. Gently whisk this mixture into the dry ingredients until just a few small lumps remain.
4. Now, let's make the glaze. In a small bowl, heat the cream cheese and butter together in the microwave until melted. Stir until smooth, then add in the vanilla and powdered sugar.
5. Heat your griddle to 350 degrees, or your skillet over medium/low heat. Very lightly grease with oil or butter.
6. Pour some batter onto the griddle. Snip off a corner of the baggie that contains the cinnamon mixture, and gently squeeze it out into a spiral shape on the pancake. DO NOT get this too close to the edge of your pancake, or it will run everywhere and make a big mess.
7. Cook until bubbles appear on the surface (about 3 minutes), then gently flip and cook for another minute.
8. Transfer to a plate, cinnamon side up, and pour glaze on top.
This Southern Girl Can is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.