These chicken enchilada roll ups make a perfect snack or appetizer. They're full of flavor, easy to make, and use pre-cooked chicken to help lessen your time spent in the kitchen. They taste great the first day you make them, but the flavors really have a chance to develop if they are served the next day after being refrigerated overnight.
What you need:
2 (8-oz) packages cream cheese, softened
1½ cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
2 tablespoons taco seasoning (I used Old ElPaso)
2 cups cooked, shredded chicken (rotisserie chicken or canned chicken)
1 (10-oz) can diced tomatoes with green chilies, drained
1 teaspoon minced garlic
4 green onions, thinly sliced
½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
8 burrito-sized tortillas
How to make it:
1. This is so simple: throw all of the ingredients into a big bowl (except the tortillas) and mix them together very well.
2. Spread roughly 1/2 cup of the chicken mixture onto a tortilla (make sure to get all the way to the edges), then roll them up tightly.
3. Repeat with each tortilla.
4. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to help the filling firm up a bit.
5. Slice into 1/2 inch wide slices and arrange on a platter.
This Southern Girl Can is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.