Pumpkin Pecan Lava Cake
This is it! The Mother lode of all pumpkin dessert, pie, cobbler..... things. PUMPKIN PECAN LAVA CAKE! We all know what chocolate lava cake is, but can you imagine a sweet, sticky, lava-y (is that a word?) pumpkin dessert covered in vanilla ice cream? As much as I dearly love chocolate, this lava cake may just be my favorite.
The instructions are going to sound a little weird, but trust me: it all works out in the end.
What you need:
1 1/2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp ginger
1/4 tsp cloves
3/4 cup pumpkin puree (NOT pumpkin pie filling. Learn how to make it HERE)
1/3 cup evaporated milk
6 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
2 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1 1/2 cups boiling or very hot water
How to make it:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, and spices.
3. In a medium-sized bowl, mix the melted butter, pumpkin puree, milk and vanilla.
4. Slowly add the pumpkin mixture to the flour, stirring until just blended. Pour this mixture into a lightly greased 9x9 inch baking dish.
5. In a small bowl, stir together the topping ingredients. Sprinkle evenly over the pumpkin mixture.
6. This is where it sounds strange: pour the boiling (or very hot) water evenly over the entire top of the dry sugar topping, but DO NOT STIR!!! Just leave it alone, no matter how watery and weird it looks.
7. Bake this for around 45 minutes, until the middle is solid and doesn't jiggle. Let it cool for 10 minutes, then serve in a bowl with whipped cream or ice cream.
3/11/2017 06:02:29 am
I love desserts and cakes are delicous and they also come i various sizes and they have many flavors that the public may enjoy. I wil try this Pumpkin Lava cake. There are guidelines that I may follow and this time I will do it myself. I hope that I may create the exact taste and will not commit any mistakes here. I can't wait and I want to eat it with my family. The cinnamon and the ginger will give a twist in this dessert.
8/14/2017 07:15:19 am
This looks so good can't wait to try this out this fall:)
8/14/2017 07:51:45 am
Oh my goodness! Fall in a bowl!
8/14/2017 08:12:53 am
This sounds delicious! Fall is my favorite time of the year. 🙂
8/5/2020 01:08:55 am
Having read this I thought it was very enlightening. I appreciate you taking the time and effort to put this information together. Go with our site to download videos on tiktok
Leave a Reply.
This Southern Girl Can is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.