I love zucchini, and I love shrimp. Put them together, and I'm a very happy girl! This dish combines both in a light, spicy meal that is perfect for a quick lunch.
**Video link is at the bottom of this post.**
What You Need:
2 tablespoons butter (salted or unsalted. Your choice.)
1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, or more, to taste
1/4 cup chicken stock
Juice of 1 lemon
salt and pepper, to taste
4 medium-sized zucchini, spiralized
Parmesan cheese and parsley, for garnish
How To Make It:
1. Boil a large pot of water, and remove from heat. Add in the spiralized zucchini, and let sit for around 5 minutes. This will cook the zucchini without making it too mushy. Drain, and set aside.
2. Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
3. Add the shrimp and lemon juice, and heat until shrimp is pink, stirring often.
4. Add in the chicken stock, garlic, and red pepper. Bring to simmer, and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes.
5. Stir in the zucchini, and heat for another 1 to 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Garnish with parsley and Parmesan.