This dish is absolutely delicious! The amazing blend of sweet brown sugar with spicy sriracha lends the perfect amount of flavor without being overpowering.
What you need:
1 pound linguini noodles (or other noodle of your choice. I used noodles from the Asian food section of my local grocery store for a more authentic flavor)
1 cup finely shredded carrot
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1/2 cup freshly chopped green onions
3 cups warm, cooked, shredded chicken
1/3 cup smooth peanut butter
1/4 cup regular soy sauce
2 tablespoons rice vinegar
3 tablespoons sesame oil
2 tablespoons light brown sugar, packed
1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger (not powdered)
1 1/2 tsp sriracha
a handful of roasted peanuts
2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
How to make it:
1. In a medium-sized bowl, mix together the peanut butter, rice vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, sriracha, brown sugar and ginger. Set aside. The sauce will be very thick, but will get thinner when it is mixed in to the hot noodles.
2. Prepare the noodles according to the directions on the package. Drain, and place in a large serving bowl.
3. Mix the carrots, garlic, green onions and chicken with the noodles.
4. Stir sauce, and pour over noodles. Mix well.
5. Garnish with peanuts and cilantro.
This Southern Girl Can is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.