This Southern Girl Can is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
I absolutely adore Mexican food, and this dish really satisfies my cravings for it. It is perfect alongside some Spanish rice or black beans and corn.
What you need:
2 Tablespoons olive oil
1 red pepper, diced
1 orange pepper, diced
1 yellow pepper, diced
1 small onion, diced
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
4 ounces cream cheese
½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
½ cup diced pepper jack cheese
3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons chili powder
2 teaspoons cumin
2 teaspoons garlic powder
3 Tablespoons olive oil
Pico de Gallo, sour cream, and guacamole for garnish
How to make it:
1. Heat the olive oil in a heavy skillet over medium heat.
2. Add in the peppers, onion, salt, and pepper. Cook until soft.
3. Put the peppers mixture into a medium-sized bowl, and stir in the cream cheese, pepper jack cheese, and cheddar cheese. Mix until well combined.
4. Place the chicken and all of the seasonings (except olive oil) in a separate bowl and toss until the chicken is well covered.
5. Using a very sharp knife, slice a pocket into the side of each chicken breast, then stuff each one with 1/3 of the cheese mixture.
6. Heat the olive oil in a heavy skillet over medium heat, and cook the chicken for roughly 5 minutes on each side, or until it is done.
7. Place the cooked chicken on a plate and serve with Pico de Gallo, guacamole and sour cream.