I have been on a major pasta kick lately, and with the huge selection of gluten-free varieties available, I have been indulging a bit. This dish is bursting with flavor due to its tangy pesto sauce. If you've never made fresh pesto before, don't worry! It is so quick and easy to do, this entire dish takes only 20 minutes to make from start to finish.
What you need:
1 pound linguine
1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 cup reserved pasta water
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 8.5 oz. jar sun-dried tomatoes in oil
1 cup fresh basil leaves, lightly packed
3 garlic cloves, peeled
1 small shallot, peeled
2 tablespoons almonds
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon tomato paste
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon salt
How to make it:
1. Cook the pasta according to the package directions. When straining the pasta, save roughly 1 cup of the liquid.
2. In a food processor, combine all of the ingredients for the pesto and process until everything is finely chopped and thoroughly mixed. You may need to scrape down the sides of the container a few times to make sure everything is chopped well.
3. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium/high heat, and add in the pesto. Heat the pesto for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
4. Add in the shrimp, and continue stirring until the shrimp are cooked.
5. Stir in the Parmesan cheese and stir. Add in reserved pasta and stir. Add some of the reserved pasta water until the pesto is the consistency you like. You may not use the entire cup.
6. Garnish with more Parmesan cheese and serve!