Every now and again I like to step away from making standard-shaped wreaths and create something a bit different to hang on my front door. This Dollar Tree garden trellis door hanger looks like a basket of flowers, and can be made with just a few items.
***Scroll down to the bottom of this post for a video tutorial!***
What You Need:
1 wire form garden trellis piece from Dollar Tree
a roll of 5.5 inch burlap
hot glue gun
hot glue sticks (I only use Gorilla brand. It's designed for indoor/outdoor use.)
How To Make It:
1. Using the wire cutters, cut off the long stakes of metal at the bottom of the trellis that is used to stick it into the ground.
2. Starting at the top of the trellis, right underneath the decorative scroll work, wrap the end of the burlap around the edge, and secure to itself on the back with hot glue.
3. Wrap the burlap around the trellis until you reach the bottom. Secure the end with hot glue. Wrapping the burlap around the frame gives a better support for the flowers.
4. Wrap a bit of ribbon around the top part of the burlap, and then glue on a bow.
5. Use hot glue to secure artificial flowers into the 'basket', then hang on your door!