Bakery Style Blueberry Muffins
I absolutely love a good blueberry muffin with a huge cup of coffee in the morning. The trouble is, who wants to stand in line at a bakery to get one? I surely don't. I prefer to make mine at home where I can not only control the ingredients, but also be able to not have to change out of my pajamas to enjoy one!
**Video tutorial is at the bottom of this post.**
What You Need:
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1 cup buttermilk
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 pint blueberries
1/2 cup sugar
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
4 teaspoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
How To Make It:
1. Make the topping. In a small bowl, combine all topping ingredients and set aside.
2. Make the muffins. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. PAY ATTENTION TO THE TEMP CHANGE BELOW.
3. In a medium-sized bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
4. In a large bowl, combine the melted butter and sugar.
5. Stir in the eggs.
6. Stir in the buttermilk and vanilla, and divide evenly among 12 muffin pan cavities.
7. Bake in the oven for 5 minutes. reduce heat to 375 degrees, and bake for another 15 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
8. Cool for 5 minutes, then remove the muffins from the pan.
This Southern Girl Can is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.