These homemade Jolly Rancher lollipops are a ton of fun to make, and kids love to pick out their own personal flavor combination.
What you need:
Jolly Ranchers (3 pieces per lollipop)
lollipop sticks (you can find these for $2 a bag in the craft section of WalMart)
How to make it:
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
2. Line a baking sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper. Do NOT use wax paper. It just won't work.
3. Lay 3 Jolly Ranchers horizontally so they are touching. This will be 1 lollipop. Continue laying out the candy pieces to make as many lollipops as you want, keeping in mind that they will spread out as the heat up. You also want to make sure you have plenty of room to add the sticks in.
4. Put the baking sheet in the oven for roughly 5 minutes. Keep an eye on these. You want them to be just melted, but not completely liquid.
5. Remove the candy from the oven, and very gently press a lollipop stick into each one, turning them to make sure they are coated with the candy. Be very careful so you don't burn your fingers.
6. Let cool completely before removing.
You can also use a single Jolly Rancher candy to make smaller lollipops.