This Southern Girl Can is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
We all know that sugar isn't the healthiest substance on the planet, but every now and then you just have to have a cookie. It can be hard to bake just a single one, or even eat one cookie out of a bag of many. I have solved that with this single serving chocolate chip cookie recipe. It's fast, easy, and a great way to monitor your portions.
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon granulated white sugar
1 tablespoon packed light brown sugar
dash of vanilla extract
pinch of salt
1 egg yolk
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
mini chocolate chips (a spoonful, a handful, however many you want)
1. Melt the butter in a small bowl or coffee mug. It should be just melted. Not bubbling.
2. Add in the sugars, salt and vanilla. Stir together.
3. Separate the egg and add the yolk to the mixture. Stir.
4. Add flour, and stir.
5. Add in chocolate chips and stir.
6. Microwave for 40 seconds, and check for doneness. You want the cookie to be just done, with no raw dough in the middle. Do not cook this for longer than one minute, or you'll wind up with a rock-hard cookie puck.