Summer will be here before you know it and if you're a gardener like me, you'll have an abundance of zucchini. If you do, don't worry! I have a recipe here that is so good you'll use up all of those extra zucchini in no time. Not only are these zucchini pizza poppers pretty tasty, they're low carb as well!
This particular recipe uses a cake pop maker. If you don't have one, get one! You can grab them right now at WalMart for right around $20, near the coffee makers, blenders, etc. If you don't want to fight the crowds or want to use the exact one I have, you can order it right HERE. I'll post several more recipes using this little machine, so make sure you grab one soon.
3 Tbsp coconut flour (or other low-carb flour)
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup shredded zucchini
2 medium eggs
1 ounce finely diced pepperoni
1/4 cup total of a mix of veggies of your choice, diced (onion, bell pepper, mushrooms, etc)
sugar-free marinara sauce
1. Go ahead an plug your cake pop maker in. It should be hot and ready to use in about 5 minutes.
2. In a medium-sized bowl, combine the flour, cheese, baking powder and salt. You may need to break up any clumps of Parmesan with your fingers.
3. Make sure to give the shredded zucchini a good squeeze over a sink to remove some of the water. This will give you less soggy poppers. Add the zucchini to the bowl.
4. Add in the eggs and mix thoroughly.
5. Add in the pepperoni and veggies, and mix.
6. Use this batter to fill up each little well of the cake pop maker, making sure each one is rounded slightly on the top. Close the machine, and cook these for right around 7 minutes.
7. Serve with marinara sauce.
Depending on which brand of marinara sauce you use and how much you eat, there should be roughly 4 grams of net carbs in 5 of these if you use about 2 tablespoons of sauce.