This Southern Girl Can is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
I've been on a bit of an avocado kick lately, and made this for breakfast. The contrast of the creamy avocado to the crispy bacon is wonderful. This is full of heart-healthy fats and protein to help keep you full until lunch.
What you need:
2 small eggs
1 avocado, halved, pit removed
3 slices of cooked, crumbled bacon
salt and pepper to taste
How to make it:
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Scoop out enough of the avocado flesh to be able to hold the contents of an egg.
3. Place the avocado halves in a baking dish, making sure they won't tip over.
4. Crack an egg into the center of each avocado half, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
5. Bake for roughly 15 minutes.
6. Remove from oven and sprinkle with the crumbled bacon.